Parrot Rolling Spider
The Parrot Rolling Spider Mini Drone is an ultra compact drone that can be controlled only using your smartphone. It can be used both indoors and outdoors, with surprising stability and speed. To make acrobatic tricks available you’ll have to get the free app for MiniDrones FreeFlight 3. This quadcopter has a diameter of 140mm, with 55mm propellers and motor spacing of 85mm.
The 55g tiny quadcopter will take off and hover on the spot with a touch of a button and it would maintain its height and balance even when pushed against. It can roll along the floor and the ceiling, without damaging anything if it crashed onto it, thanks to the large and flexible wheels.
The drone features a camera that is built underneath, but it is mainly part of the sensor system that has combined an ultrasound sensor, a gyroscope, an accelerometer and a pressure sensor for measuring altitude. It can take low resolution photos, but they are shot straight down.
Parrot Rolling Spider Mini Drone Features:
- It has a Polyamide structure.
- It measures ultrasounds up to 4 meters away.
- It has 4 engines.
- A 3-axis gyroscope.
- It comes with a barometer
- 3-axis accelerometer +/-50mg precision.
- VGA camera with 60 fps.
- Precision hovering.
- It can speed up to 18 kph/11 mph.
- Flash memory of 1GB.
- Connection via Bluetooth® Smart.
- Bluetooth® Low Energy Range: 20 m/65 ft.
- Controlled with: FreeFlight Mini, Free App.
- Engine circuit-breaker in the event of contact with propellers.
- Removable, rechargeable Lithium-Polymer 550 mAh battery.
- 8-minute life battery without wheels and 6 minutes with wheels attached.
- Runs on Linux OS.
Parrot Rolling Spider Drone Package:
The package includes the Rolling Spider, one battery, two wheels and one axis, one micro USB cable, one set of stickers and the quick start guide. Before attempting to use the drone, you should recharge the battery.