MIXI Quadcopter – Entry-Level Quadcopter for Beginners
The Mixi Quadcopter is a sensational dual camera that suits perfectly every beginner. The drone will be released in 2019. However, besides the dual camera, there is also more that you can find in this drone. It’s packed with a lot of features which will make it easier and more fun to use. If you have all that inside a nice package for a low price you’ll get one of the best drones for beginners.
- Control distance: About 60-80m
- Battery for quadcopter: 3.7V 1100mAh Li-po
- Charging time: About 120 minutes
- Fighting time: About 18 minutes
- Battery for remote controller: 3x AA battery (not included)
- Drone Size (unfolded): 9.85 x 9.85 x 1.97 in (25 x 25 x 5 cm)
- Drone Size (folded): 3.74 x 4.53 x 1.97 in (9.5 x 11.5 x 5 cm)
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Drone
- 1 x Transmitter (with Mobile phone shelf)
- 2 x Drone Battery
- 2 x USB Charging Cable
- 4 x Extra Propellers
- 4 x Propellers protectors
- 1 x Propeller Screwdriver
- 1 x Instruction Manual
Design and build
Let’s start with the most important thing. Just like one of our most recently reviewed drones, the Visuo XS816, this is a foldable drone. This makes transporting the drone easier. Not just the fact that it takes less space, but there is a smaller chance that the arm will break in your backpack. When it’s folded, the MIXI quadcopter measures 4.53 x 3.74 x 1.97 inches, when you unfold it measures 9.85 x 9.85 x 1.97 inches, so it has just a fine size. The drone is coated with ABS plastic which is light and durable at the same time. The drone also features some LED lights which indicate the need for calibration and the position of the drone when it’s dark.
The drone comes with a 3.7V 1100mAh battery, and the best part is that you get not one but two batteries in the package. One battery will get you a flight time of 18 minutes, so with two batteries, you will double this flight time. Some conditions, like an aggressive flight style or very cold weather, may reduce some minutes from the batteries capacity, so don’t be surprised if the drone can’t make the 18 minutes. The charging time for one battery is 120 minutes, which is a relatively good time. The batteries are easy to remove or to insert so you can change the batteries in a few seconds without any difficulty.
This controller is one of the clearest ones you can get for a drone. On the front, there are only two buttons and the two joysticks to control the drone. The bottom of the drone is made in such a way to be easy to hold. Unfortunately, the remote controller has a very small control range, only 80m. And that can be reduced if the area is crowded with a lot of signals in the air.
The remote works with 2 AA batteries which are not supplied in the package. And to be sure, keep some spare batteries with you. The controller also has a smartphone holder which could be very handy because the drone comes with an FPV feature. But for the FPV you’ll have to download the app on your phone, there is no screen on the remote controller.
This drone comes with two cameras that can be controlled with Wi-fi. The main camera is located on the front of the drone and can capture 1080P quality images and videos. The second, inferior quality camera is located on the belly of the drone and can capture 480P videos. It may not sound like the quality is that much, but for personal use, it should be enough. When you enable the FPV on your smartphone you can switch between the two different views on your smartphone so you can see what’s in front of the drone and what’s beneath it.
Flight performance and features
You might think that a beginner drone won’t be able to do much, but you will be surprised how smart and how many autonomous flight modes this drone has. In this sector, we will show you every single trick that the drone can do. You’ll see that the manufacturers have really outdone themselves, especially when it comes to interactive features.
- One key take-off and landing – This is a standard feature which can be found on professional drones, not just the beginner ones. To activate the feature just press the dedicated button for this and the drone will take off, or come back to land.
- Optical altitude hold – When you engage the New Optical altitude hold mode the drone will lock to a certain height. This is also a standard feature which will help you take more clear images. When you see a nice landscape just stop the drone so it won’t move and you can take the photo.
- Trajectory flight – With this you can set a preselected path for the drone. Just open the app, select this feature and a map will open so you can select the path that the drone will follow.
- Follow Me Mode – As the name tells you the drone will lock onto an object or person and starts to follow it without letting the object out of sight. This way you don’t have to worry about controlling right when you start to capture a moving object. Also, you can record yourself without holding the controller in your hand,
- Gesture control – Have you taught that you can control this drone without the controller. There are a few gestures that if you do them the drone will do certain actions. Like if you show a V sign with your hand the drone will take a photo within a few seconds. If you show your palm to the drone it will start to capture.
- 3D flips – This feature isn’t something that useful, but at least it’s fun to watch. Just press the button for this feature and set the direction, after which the drone will do a flip. Make sure there is plenty of free space for the drone to perform this trick.
The MIXI Quadcopter is perfect for everyone who wishes to try out piloting and owning a drone for the first time. It has many useful features and flight functions which can assure your fun. If it’s your first time flying a drone make sure to read the user manual, or at least to look at the photos, you might learn some new things.
If you wish to buy the drone you can check out Amazon.