Eachine E58 Quadcopter Review – probably the best starter drone
When DJI Mavic Pro had the best sales in 2016 and 2017, Eachine came with the E58, cheaper replica version of the Mavic Pro.
You can buy this little mustang fury at Aliexpress, it takes longer to arrive but the shipping is free. Banggood, for a faster delivery. Amazon, for a better version of the drone.
- Brand name: Eachine E58
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Channels: 4
- Gyro: 6 axis
- Motor: 0720 Coreless Motor
- Battery: 3.7V 500mAh Lipo
- Transmitter Battery:3 x 1.5 AA battery (NOT Included)
- Charging time: 60-70mins
- Flying time: 7-9mins R/C distance: 80-100m
- FPV Range: about 30m
- Color: Black
- Camera: 2MP 720P wide angle, 0.3MP (Optional)
- Quad’s Size: 27×19.5x5cm (the arms not folded), 12.5×7.5x5cm (the arms folded)
- Quad’s Weight: 96g (with battery), 77.5g (without battery)
- With foldable arms, small size, easy to carry.
- Altitude hold mode is a function which provides a stable flight.
- The WiFi function can be connected to an APP and an APK system in order to take pictures, film video, and real-time transmission through the phone screen.
- There have 2 cameras to choose from. One of them is a 2.0MP 720P wide-angle HD camera.
- Headless mode, which automatically adjusts the drone position before flight.
- One key to return, the function makes it easy to find the way home.
- 2.4GHz Technology Adopted for Anti-Interference.
- A 4 Channel feature, where the drone can ascend, descend, fly forward, backward, can strafe left and right, and roll for 360°.
- 6-axis gyro which has a stable flying and is easy to control.
- It has a 3-level flight speed which can be adjusted as the way you like it.
- The body of the aircraft is made of resistant engineering plastics, which is lightweight and resistant.
- Turn left/right
- Sideward flight
- 3-level flight speed
- LED Ligh
- Headless Mode
- One Key Automatic Return
- Altitude Hold Mode
- WiFi FPV
In the Box:
- Eachine E58
- 3.7V 500mAh Lipo Battery (Can choose the battery quantity when order)
- USB Charging Cable
- 4 x Protection Cover
- 4 x Spare Blades
- 1 x screwdriver
- 1 x User Manual
Why is Eachine E58 the best starter drone?
Inside the box, you can find the aircraft with a loaded battery and its transmitter. One pair of spare propellers. One set of blade protectors. One USB charging cable, a screwdriver and its user manual with other languages as well.
The Eachine E58 is more compact and has a good built quality. Arms, as well as propellers, are foldable. The folded drone is very compact and easy to transport.
On the back of the quadcopter, you will see a loaded 500 mAh LiPo battery. Fully charged, you can fly this quadcopter up to 9 minutes. The battery has a micro USB port and it can be charged by any phone charger.
The Eachine E58 is equipped with 3 LED lights, two white in the front and one red on the back.
Motors are equipped with connectors, in case of damage its easy to replace them. Also, you can easily find a spare arm for a cheap price. The blade protectors can be easily attached to the quadcopter as they are recommended to be used by a beginner. The blade protectors can protect the propellers if they accidentally bump into something.
Transmitter and APP Control
The remote controller also follows the DJI’s design. The RC comes with the similar dual-antenna system and retractable phone holder.
The transmitter requires 3 pieces of AA batteries, which you need to buy since they are not included in the package.
On the front panel beside the control sticks, there are 6 buttons. Take off and Landing buttons are found on the right side of the controller.
On each side, there are two shoulder buttons. On the left side, Photo/Video and Headless/RTH buttons are found, while on the right side are the 360° Flips/Emergency Stop and Speed switch buttons.
The Eachine E58 also supports APP control. You can control the quadcopter with your smartphone, through some virtual sticks or through the gyro-sensor by tilting the phone.
For beginners, it is easier to fly by using the remote controller.
Best Starter Drone with Camera & WiFi
The onboard camera is not a must-have feature for a starter drone, but it is nice to record the journey of your first flights.
Eachine E58 offers two type of cameras, one with 0.3MP or with 2MP. The camera angle can be adjusted from shooting straight ahead or straight down from 0 to 90 degrees.
By carefully searching on the button of the drone, you can find a micro SD slot. The files can be stored on a micro SD card and also on the smartphone’s memory.
The video quality is not remarkable, but it is better than the video quality offered by other toy drones.
On your smartphone screen with the help of an app, by using WiFi you can display the camera’s real-time image feed.
Surprisingly, you can test your first fly indoor. Starting your flight is easier, because of the altitude-hold feature it is extremely stable. By pressing the “Take-off” button, the drone will rise about 1 meter above the ground.
“Headless mode” and “Altitude hold” are the best features for a starter drone. While Headless mode helps with the orientation of the drone, altitude hold maintains the flight height at the desired level.
The frontal LED lights are bright and it is very helpful for the beginners because its easier to identify the orientation of the quadcopter.
The 30% speed rate is perfect for the first-time pilots and indoor flights, while at 100% the speed is increased and is more powerful.
The real-time flight is about 6 minutes, depending on how you fly the drone. When the battery is near empty, the aircraft will automatically land.
- Beautiful mini replica of the DJI Mavic Pro
- Nicely presented, built and constructed
- Onboard SD card is great considering the low price
- A comfortable and responsive transmitter
- Great flight time at just over 7 minutes
- Inbuilt altitude limit for safety
- Transmitter phone holder can press phone buttons
- May struggle in anything above the light wind
- Video bitrate is too low, not quite 720p
- Videos are recorded with 20fps.
The Eachine E58 is a fantastic choice for a beginner, which also has a small price and offers pretty much for it. Due to its design and wide array of newbie features, it deserves to be called the Best Starter Drone.
In my E58, the SD card slot was displaced, so the card could not be inserted. I found the SD card PCB was loose. So the entire thing had to be taken apart.
There was nothing to hold down the back end of the PCB, so it would not stay in line with the slot in the outer casing.
I glued a tiny piece of plastic above the back end of the PCB to hold it down in place. Now it stays there, and I can correctly insert the SD card.