It’s the Christmas gifts season, gifts that can be unusual if you’re thinking about choosing a drone. Surely a family member or a friend would enjoy the little gadget, or why not, even you can own a quadcopter for which we help with the Holy Stone HS220 quadcopter review to make it easier for you to decide: yes or no?
How many times did you want a special gift in your childhood? A gift to be really surprised? Why would not this gift be a little drone which doesn’t require too much space, but the more space in your heart and be with you at the greatest adventures and fun. And if we still got to the desires, so you’d like a drone with two flying modes at once during the flight.
We say this because Holy Stone did so in the HS220. A new, flexible and adaptable model called HS220, small but stronger and more durable with a modern and professional design.
At first glance, after unpacking the HS220 we will see how professional it is. Starting from the packaging, going over the way the parts in the package are divided, and up to the design of the drone themselves, everything is impeccable.
Designed for beginners and mainly children over 14 years old, the HS220 is a drone that will increase your adrenaline at every use, adventures being other every time.
And if we started with the package, it contains:
- Holy Stone drone
- Handheld remote
- 2 batteries
- micro USB charging cable
- 4 replacement propellers
- 4 replacement feet
- User manual
Small parts are secured in a plastic bag to avoid losing them.
- Dimension: 7.67 x 7.67 x 1.57 IN (spread wing); 5.7*5.7*1.57 IN (folding)
- Flight Time: 7~9 Mins (15 mins-2 batteries)
- Battery: Li-Po Battery 3.7V / 750mAh
- Charging Time: 150 minutes (depends on charging power and remaining battery power)
- Transmission Distance: 40-60 m /131-196 ft(outdoors and unobstructed)
- Image Return Distance: 35-50 m/114-164 ft
- Altitude Hold: Altitude Hold enables drones to Auto-Hover. The drone can stay at current height when pilots’ hands are off the controller.
- Headless Mode：In Headless mode you can fly the drone without worrying about what direction it is facing, especially when the drone is far away.
- APP Control System: Operate your drone through an APP after connecting the Wi-Fi to your phone (iOS or Android), offering you real-time image transmission, and more functions can be activated.
- 3D Flip: Cool Flips make flying interesting. The drone can Flip at 4 directions: Forward/ Backward/ Leftward/ Rightward.
- One Key Start/Land:With One-Key Take-off / Landing, start the drone simply by pressing a single button.
- Low Battery Power Alarm: When the drone is running out of power, the lights in the drone will blink continuously, and the transmitter will constantly beep.
The two modes are folded mode and wing mode. Folded mode means that the engine arms are folded. Activating this mode will switch the drone’s gyroscope to inform that it is in folded mode for stability and smooth flight controls.This mode can be interesting and suitable for small spaces.
For video recording or capturing photos, the wing mode is prefect, in this mode the drone motor arms are extended from its body framework. No special activation button required.
The HS220 has 2 batteries that can be used for both the drone and the controller. A single battery provides about 9 minutes of flight, but the transmitter works for around 15 minutes. Battery charging is done directly from the transmitter connected with a USB cable, this process takes about 60-70 minutes/ battery.
As mentioned earlier, the wing mode is the only way to shoot with the built-in 720P HD camera. The folded mode makes shooting impossible due to the arm covering the camera. Image quality is good, maybe not as good as other professional drones, but perfect for training.
A controller with modern and beautiful design, presented in black and white. On this controller there is a special holder for the mobile phone, which requires a special app to watch video from the camera. The presence of the inscriptions on each button makes it very easy to use the transmitter and drone.
Two of the most important buttons are “Speed” and “Flip”. The speed button consists of four speed levels, from beginner to experienced, anyone can get the speed they want. The other button has 360 degree flip capability to impress those around you.
Because the two batteries included in the package are interchangeable, it is recommended to buy 2 or even 3 spare batteries for those who are not happy with the 9-minute flight offered by a single battery.
In the end
One of the finest models of Holy Stone, foldable and adaptable “soul” incorporated into a small body. Suitable for beginners, very easy to use and with a smooth flight. You can buy your perfect gift on the Holy Stone official website or Amazon.