Do you want speed? Do you want awesome design? Do you want fun? Find them all in a single one drone, more than that, at an affordable price below $ 100. Which one would this drone be? We learn from this MJX B3 quadcopter review all the details and features of this quadcopter model.
The MJX Bugs 3
B3 has incredible capabilities, it’s fast as a racer, you can add a gimbal or even a 360 ° camera for awesome recordings and it has brushless motors at an excellent price.
These brushless motors are powerful and definitely more efficient than brushed motors. These features together make the MJX Bugs 3 a user-friendly drone and besides these offer a very good flight time of up to 18 minutes.
The friendly price makes the B3 even more attractive, even if it has brushless motors, which are normally more expensive because it lasts longer and is stronger, but the MJX has offered us a good drone at a low price.
You can fly it right out of the box and at first glance you will realize that besides all the features that make the B3 a quality drone, this is fun too and besides, you will realize by pulling out of the box that it is a solid drone and doesn’t feel as lightweight as other drones.
You realize from the first flight that it is not a regular toy drone, execute orders with incredible precision and speed, besides that it was designed to carry a high-quality action camera OR be flown as a FPV drone.
- Dimensions: 440 x 440 x 150mm (with prop guards)
- Platform: Quadcopter
- Diagonal motor distance: 310mm
- Flight features:
- 3D flips
- 2 flight speeds (High and Low)
- Propulsion: 1805 1800KV (motors) / 190mm propellers
- Weight: 447g (with battery / without prop guards)
- Battery: 7.4V 1800mAh 25C Li Po
- Charging time: about 240 minutes
- Flight time: about 18-20 minutes (without payload) / 10-15 minutes (with action camera and tall landing legs)
- Control distance: about 500 meters
- Transmitter power: 4 AAA batteries (not included)
The Bugs 3 is capable of performing 3D flips with a single push of a button, it is recommended that these acrobatics not to be made in windy weather.
Of course we have buttons for 2 speed modes, high and low, high-powered brushless motors make this a quick drone, but it’s also surprisingly quiet.
- Highly affordable for a brushless drone
- Dual-purpose (sport flier and aerial photography)
- Excellent flight time
- Good flight performance and stability
- Various accessories available
- Fixed gimbal
- Not quite aesthetically pleasing
- Limited flight modes and features
The MJX B3 is capable of FPV flying and even aerial photography with the right accessories chosen to suit every user. Those who choose to buy in the future will not disappoint and will have a practically 2 in 1 B3 being usable even as sport drone. Headless mode and Return-to-home are clearly missing, but it doesn’t mean that a simple drone can not be as creative and good as one with more features.