Emax EZ Pilot – Great FPV Intro
All the products that Emax recently produced are excellent. They created products for beginners to learn how to get into FPV. Thus, the brand new Emax EZ Pilot could be the best choice for a true beginner.
We absolutely love the RC Interceptor and let it be known that we are a big fan of Tinyhawk models. Yes, we can’t wait for Tinyhawk II, but you should know that it is not designed for beginners. Although we expect it to be great, there is no doubt that Emax EZ Pilot is designed for beginners and is a fantastic way to learn how to pilot FPV.
Emax EZ Pilot Short Overview
EZ Pilot is an all-in-one FPV awesome package from Emax. In many ways, it is very similar to the Tinyhawk RTF package. You will get the drone, the battery, the charger, the glasses, and the remote control. The biggest difference is that this drone’s design makes it easier to fly. Much easier. In fact, it even has custom flight modes that make it easier for a beginner to fly.
EZ Pilot Flying Modes
EZ Pilot has three modes. Beginner, intermediate and advanced. The beginner mode is what makes this cool drone so unique. First, it has an altitude hold to keep the drone stable. The beginner mode of the EZ Pilot allows the piloting of the drone with a single stick input. Yaw and roll were combined on the right stick. The Emax EZ Pilot becomes very similar to driving an RC car like the Interceptor. It is much easier for new pilots not to have to worry about the rotation of the drone. Everything works together.
The intermediate mode is a stabilized mode that gives the pilot the ability to spin or counter the drone while choosing. It is a more typical “angle” mode, but with the maintenance of altitude. It is still quite docile and stable in this way and quite easy to fly. Sounds incredibly slow to us, but that is probably ok for a drone made for beginners.
Advanced mode is a more aggressive angular mode. The EZ pilot will self-level. There is no acro mode and the Emax EZ Pilot does not have a USB port to adjust anything in Betaflight. It was built for a beginner to learn how to fly and do just that. Advanced mode also stops maintaining altitude so that a pilot can learn to manage the accelerator.
EZ pilot specifications
The EZ pilot is an excellent indoor drone. It can be flown outdoors too on calm days. Uses 816 brushed motors. It has a wheelbase of 82 mm. The camera is a 600 TVL camera connected to a 25 MW VTX.
The googles and the remote control are both pretty good, but not necessarily great. They have the ability to use two antennas, but only ships with one. They also have some ability to move the focus and should be able to accommodate most spectacle wearers.
The remote control has a good grooming style and the switches feel good. The remote control is not as accurate as a hobby remote control and both the goggles and the remote control are powered by 18650 batteries.
- Item: Emax EZ Pilot
- Diagonal wheelbase (without blades): 82.5 mm
- Size (without antenna, cable): 134mm
- Aircraft weight (without battery): 35g
- Engine: Periat 0816
- The propeller: blade with four blades of 40 mm
- ESC: 4 in 1 3A ESC
- The receiver: EMAX 2.4G receiver
- The camera: 600TVL CMOS
- The transmitter: 25mW Adjustable frequency 37CH
- The battery: 3.7V 1s 450 mAh HV lipo battery
- Flight time: 4 minutes
The remote controller
- Size: 182 * 135 * 82 (mm)
- Weight (without battery): 210g
- Channel: 6 channels
- The transmission frequency: 2.4 GHz ISM band (2400 MHz ~ 2483.5 MHz)
- Output power: 22dbm
- Modulation: GFSK
- Battery: 1s 18650 lipo battery
- Protective eyewear
- Size: 140x153x90 (mm)
- Weight (without battery): 398g
- Resolution: 480×272
- Battery: 1s 18650 lipo battery
Emax EZ Pilot package includes
- drone FPV EZ Pilot brushed
- remote control
- Instruction manual
- Lipo Emax 1s HV 450mAh battery
Should You Buy EMax EZ Pilot?
We would not recommend this drone to any current drone pilot. This drone model was built to be for beginners. Thus, we think it would make an absolutely great gift for a child or if you are just starting out. If you have a son or a daughter that you want to be able to fly with you, then this could be the ideal gift. We searched for the best prices on the market and if you are thinking of purchasing, we recommend you go on amazon.com or getfpv.com
Customer Questions and Answers
- Question: How do you get more spare propellers?
- Answer: They do not appear as Emax propellers, because Emax has a new propeller design, but they look (four 40 mm 4-blade propellers with 40 blades for Inductrix FPV Plus Tiny 7X Mini FPV Racing Drones Multirotors Quadcopters) and they are exactly the same.
- Question: Does the Emax EZ Pilot come with a storage case?
- Answer: It comes in a cardboard storage box, not a portable case
- Question: Can I use my ev800d goggles with the EZ Pilot?
- Answer: Yes you can!
- Question: There is a frame replacement included?
- Answer: Yes
- Question: How fast does the EZ pilot go?
- Answer: This is not a racing drone, between 5-10 miles per hour.
- Question: If I order 2 for both of my children can I choose one channel for each?
- Answer: Yes, the user manual for the drone and goggles explains how to set them up
- Question: There were no instructions in the box. Where can I find instructions?
- Answer: Simply search YouTube
- Question: How far from the remote can this go with live video streaming?
- Answer: A few hundred feet. Standard analogue video transmission.
- Question: Can it be set in control mode of mode 3?
- Answer: No, it is mode 2 tx. Designed for interiors.
- Question: Can the remote control be used for any other drone, whether it is in small whips or large drones?
- Answer: No.
- Question: Are the EZ Pilot goggles large enough to fit the prescription glasses? If not, can it be used by someone who is nearsighted?
- Answer: They can fit prescription glasses. But they will fit well and are not intended to be used with glasses, but many people do. It will also work with myopic eyes. The goggles also come with an adjustable lens that can help focus the image.