The Holy Stone company was founded in 2014 and since then they came up with some really amazing drones. Having a drone gives you a great opportunity to take pictures from above, and amazing videos and the new Holy Stone HS110G Quadcopter is just a perfect drone for that. No matter if you want to use the footage for commercial use or just for a hobby. The HS110G is a great choice for both category and above all of that, it has a great price. If you became interested in buying the drone stay with us for an in-depth Holy Stone HS110G Quadcopter Review. We are going to talk about its design, features, performance, and other pros and cons of the drone.
- Item weight: 176g
- Dimension: 12.04×3.66×3.58 inches
- Flight Time: About 14 mins
- Charging Time: 180 minutes
- Camera: HD 1920x1080p
- Live Video Transmission Range: 493ft
- Max Control Range: 983ft
- Battery Capacity: 3.7V 1500mAh
What’s Inside The Box?
Let’s be honest with ourselves, this is the favorite part for everyone. Since childhood when we got our Christmas gift to present nothing has changed. Maybe just the price of our “toys”. But the excitement and curiosity is the same. I don’t want to spoil your fun with this part but I think it’s important to know exactly what you will get for your money if you are ordering a drone. So let’s see what you’ll get:
- 1x Holy Stone HS110G Drone
- Users Manual
- 4x Extra Propellers
- 1x USB Charging Cables
- 1x Transmitter with a Phone Holder
- 2x Landing Gears
- 1x 3.7V 1500 mAh Drone Battery
- 6x Screws for Propeller with a Screw Driver
At first look, the HS110G has a simple but professional looking design with a cool jet black color. And it also has a small minimalist GPS sign on the top which is a great idea in my opinion. At the four corners of the drone, there are four propellers located with red and white stripes. Under each one of them, there is placed a bright LED which has the purpose of navigation. With that you can clearly tell you the head and the tail of the drone, making possible to fly in the night as well just like at daytime.
This is another very important aspect of a drone. The camera is mounted on the head of the drone. It can capture still photos and record videos at 1080P HD resolution setting, which is pretty good. Also, it can be controlled remotely thanks to the GPS module. The camera can be adjusted upward and downward that offers you a wide aerial view. Plus the camera has a field view up to 110-degrees which makes it very easy to capture every tiny detail. The image quality of the Holy Stone HS110G drone, as seen in our review, makes it a great opportunity to have a training quadcopter before you plan to spend on a more expensive one.
The Remote Controller
One of the main advantages of the drone introduced by Holy Stone is the professional remote controller. If you are familiar with the older Holy Stone drones you will notice how the design is improving over time. And this one is by far one of the best-looking that incorporates advanced functionalities such as power button, battery status and better button locations which are really easy to understand and makes the drone easier to control even for a beginner. It comes with two handle grips which makes it easier to hold the remote controller while you navigate the drone around. Also, like at any other drones remote controller the HS110G drone comes with a remote controller that has a mount holder where you can insert your personal favorite mobile device to see the camera in real-time.
If this is your first drone and you haven’t used one before, don’t worry about that. By default, the drone will be at its lowest speed setting so that beginners can learn the basics of flight controls. After you understand how drone flight works, you can modify the speed setting to challenge and develop your piloting skill.
First of all, you don’t need to have FAA registration for this drone in order to fly it which is definitely a big plus. Plus at the price tag, you can get the Holy Stone HS110G GPS drone, it has some impressive aerial capabilities and performance. Like it allows the remote pilot to focus on movement and less on maintaining its positioning due to the fact that it has built-in barometer hold function.
But that’s not everything the drone is built with some amazing like:
- Custom Flight Path: it this mod you can draw a path on the built-in map on Holy Stone app, the HS110G will fly in the direction of the route you designed. Bring you lots of fun and makes it easier for you to capture the things you really want.
- Emergency Stop: if they’re coming an emergency, like low battery or you’re flying out of range just simply push the emergency stop button to shut the drone off promptly. But be aware where you will land it, to don’t damage the drone
- Headless Mode: when this mode is activated, the front of the drone is always the same direction the control is facing. So you don’t have to worry about the orientation. This function makes it perfect for beginners.
- Follow Me: the “follow me” mode is not the newest technology but it’s one of the most useful ones. It target locking help you shoot better videos and pictures. Making the flight more interesting and catching more great moments you are enjoying also it’s a great mode for vlogging.
As mentioned in our Holy Stone HS110G review, the drone has a great price-value ratio which is just the perfect thing for occasionally use. Also, the low price doesn’t affect the image quality and the abilities of the drones. The drone is built with every spec you’ll ever going to need if you are a beginner user. It’s easy to use it, and you can use it pretty much because it has a long flight duration. But if you want to use it, even more, you can always buy a few batteries in reserve.
Pros and cons
- Comes with intelligent flight battery that provides around 13 minutes of flight time.
- Professionally designed remote controller with phone holder and battery status,
- The affordable price tag with advanced flight functions and features.
- Great remote control distance
- Easy to learn thanks to engaging controls.
- Integrated 1080P HD camera
- No obstacle avoidance sensors.
- No advanced flight modes such
If you’re interested to buy one you can do that on HolyStone or Amazon.