DRONE RACING: WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
Drone racing is like any other sport. If you want to play it, you need to be well-equipped and to have some skills. So, let’s start the article!:)
DRONE RACING: Equipment
So, for drone racing is necessary to have a drone ready-to-fly. You have 2 solutions: buy one completely equipped or buy one on pieces. The first solution is more expensive, but is more easier because you don’t need to do many things, just to buy it. For this solution, we posted a lot of articles about ready-to-fly drones, just check our blog and I’m sure that you will find a drone on your taste.
DRONE RACING: Drone on pieces
I will make a list below with what you need to buy:
- frame – this is the most important thing on the list, because it support all your drone. Be very careful and take a light frame, because a very heavy frame slows the speed
- flight controller – don’t buy the cheapest one if you don’t want to have any surprize
- 4 motors, 4 ESCs and 4 props – like the flight controller, if you invest more many, probably the quality will be higher
- LiPo batteries – this kind of batteries are the most used in drone racing, because they are rechargeable. The LiPo battery’s capacity is measured in mAh. So, as higher mAh is, as longer the flight time of your drone will be.
- video transmitter/receiver, radio transmitter/receiver and antennas – these are for transmission between your drone and you
- FPV goggles or monitor and a board camera – in a drone race, you will need to see where are your drone. Therefore you’ll need a monitor or a FPV goggles( Virtual reality glasses) and a board camera to give you a live video. I recommend you to buy a FPV goggles, because it’s easier to have glasses on your eyes.
Those are the most necessary pieces for a ready to race drone. Now, your task is to compare the quality and the price of every piece options.
So, we talked about the equipment and now it’s time to discuss about how to enhance skills for becoming a good drone racer. If you don’t know anything about how to control a drone, I warmly recommend you to learn firstly the basics by going to a plain and start to fly. After more exercises like this, you’ll need to change your flight area and start flying in city, among buildings. After that you can fly into a parking lot or a area with many obstacles. Now, you are ready for a Drone Race. I wish you luck, and remember that exercising make you a better drone racer:)