DJI Phantom 4 Pro vs Autel Evo
If you know a bit about these drones you will know that this will be a tie race. Each of them are great drones and they both are appreciated by a lot of social media pages. They both have their pros and cons and I can tell you even in the intro that no matter which drone you prefer you will make a good choice. They are all on the top of the best quadcopters list on the market, and they earned this. But I know that you’re here for a more detailed description so let’s dive deeper into this DJI Phantom 4 Pro vs Autel Evo race.
Highlights of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro
- 20 MP camera, which captures video on 4K at 60 FPS and 100 Mbps filming quality.
- It has a 30 minute flight time (closer to 27 minutes in most circumstances where I’ve flown).
- Has a 7Km range
- Built with 5 sensors (everywhere but at the top, but they only work when it’s in tripod mode).
- Over 10 intelligent flight modes.
- Strong against the wind.
Highlights of the Autel EVO
- It has a 12 MP camera, captures also 4K @ 60 FPS and 100 Mbps video capabilities. As of some statistics in 2018, this model has the best camera on any portable drone models on the market.
- 30 minute flight time as well
- 7 KM range just like the Phantom 4 Pro, but this usually only happens in completely open areas with no signal interference. In a more crowded place, the range is around 4 km.
- It has only 3 sensors, although, upon release, it was noted the back sensor wasn’t really working, it just beeps to warn you, but it doesn’t stop the drone if you get too close to an obstacle, so you have to fly more carefully but at least it doesn’t hold you back.
- Several intelligent flight modes too including a very smart return home.
Build and design
I won’t enlist all the design features here just talk about which one of the drones has a better design. And I’m not talking about aesthetics, I want to highlight their practicality. Afterall drones are portable cameras, so it’s really important to have drones that are easy to transport. And in that section, the absolute winner is the Autel EVO, for sure. This is the model you will want to have with you if you go on outdoor adventures and don’t want it to take up too much space. The P4 Pro is twice as big and can’t be folded to make it smaller and easier to transport it.
In terms of the camera capabilities, both models have the same specs on paper., each one of them is capable of recording in 4K at 60 FPS which is one of the best settings. However, when it comes to filming and taking photos, you can see that the DJI drone has a bit more vivid colors on auto. This isn’t a big deal, because you can retouch it on a pc. But other than this there aren’t any big differences, both of them provide a clear and sharp image with a good live feed. Also, they’re both built with a 3 axis gimbal which works really great and will give you a steady shot. Both of the cameras have the same photo modes: Auto-Exposure Bracketing (AEB), Burst Shooting, Interval, Single Shot
When we talk about drones flight it’s a major factor, along with the range and speed. So let’s talk about these. Luckily both of them have a range of 7Km, which is a huge distance. You should be able to cover a lot with a range like this. However, while the Autel works only on 2.4 GHz the P4 Pro can do 5.2 GHz as well, besides the 2.4, the distance is the same, but the connection on the 5.2 GHz is more stable.
About the flight time, both of them have Lithium-Ion Polymer (LiPo) batteries. The Autel has a 4300 mAh / 49 Wh one while the P4 Pro has a 5870 mAh / 89.2 Wh, so the one in the Phantom is a bit bigger which is understandable because the P4 is way heavier. The two aircraft have the same flight time of 30 minutes.
If until this there was a tie race and it will be kind the same in the speed factor as well. So the Autel can achieve a speed of 20 m/s and the Phantom can do the same in sport mode, but only in the sport mode. Because in his regular Photo mode he can do only 14 m/s.
Let’s draw a few conclusions, both of them are great drones with great individual aspects and super cameras. But let’s try to find out which drone is for which character. Due to its foldable design, the Autel EVO gives you a bit more comfort, it’s easier to transport it and therefore you can use it for a lot of day-to-day activities. Also, this drone is a bit unique, so if you want to stand out from the line I recommend this. As for the Phantom, I believe that is for the absolute professionals.
For those who wish only to make incredible videos for those who don’t matter the cost. I say this because the DJI is a huge brand with a lot of products, and if you get one there are high chances that you will get more. Which is not bad, especially if you’re a cameraman and you have a crew. You will find a lot of joy and professionalism in flying the DJI products.
If you decided which drone fits you the most and you want to buy one of them you can do it on the following sites:
DJI Phantom 4 Pro: Amazon.
Autel Evo: Amazon.