VISUO XS809H Quadcopter Cheap Drone With Camera Review
We have seen over the time many DJI clones, some exceed our expectations, some are not. Visuo XS809HW is a perfect beginner quadcopter that looks like a Mavic. The similarity shows off only on the design, it lacks all the superior functionalities, that the Mavic has, but for the price is perfect. With Visuo XS809HW you can easily learn all the basic piloting skills you need to know before you venture into a more professional quadcopter experience.
In a nutshell, Visuo XS809HW is cheap enough to lack a built-in GPS, but it has great flying properties. It is stable enough during flights in non-windy conditions.
- Being small enough is easy to carry, yet easy to hold in the air.
- With 2.0MP 720P wide angle camera give large palette high denfinition pictures and video.
- With One key to return function makes it easily to find the way back home.
- It have 3-level flight speed to switch that can make more fun with the flying.
- It can realize 3D tumbling 360°rolling in four directions with 4 LED lights.
- The quadcopter body is made of high strength and resistant engineering plastics, lightweight and durable resistance.
- Brand name: VISUO
- Item name: XS809HW WIFI FPV RC Quadcopter
- Frequency: 2.4G
- Channel: 4ch
- Gyro: 6 axis
- Product battery: 3.7V 900mAh (Included)
- Charging time: About 60mins
- Flying time: About 10mins
- R/C distance: 80-100m
- Color: White, Black
- Camera: 2MP 720P wide angle, 0.3MP
- Quad’s size: 32.5×32.5x6cm (the arms not folded)
- 18x13x6cm(the arms folded)
- Package size: 47×29.5x9cm
- Flight weight: 158g
At first impression, Visuo XS809HW seems to be a pretty decent quadcopter, good materials and also a good built quality. In the box, you will find the quadcopter itself, a remote controller, a set of spare propellers, a set of propeller protectors, the battery, a USB charging cable, a screwdriver, and a user manual.
The arms are foldable like the Mavic drones but that’s the only commonality.
In front of the quadcopter, you will discover the red lights that will help you with the orientation on night flights. In spite of the fact that Visuo XS809HW has headless mode, the red and green LEDs under the arms will also help you localize visually your drone in the darker conditions.
The propellers are initially mounted on the arms out of the box, so you don’t have to put in place manually. The prop guards are easily attachable, it clicks in place when it’s installed properly.
The 900 mAh battery is enough to a 10-minute flight according to the description, but it can vary in regard to the flying conditions. You can load in place the battery after a 3-hour charging time on the back of the quadcopter. On the bottom of the drone, you will discover an on-off switch which can be very handy if you don’t use your drone for a longer period of time. The battery is chargeable via a micro USB port, so any generic USB cable does the work.
If you want to disassemble the quadcopter’s body you have to extract 4 screws from the arm and 8 from the body. The flight controller board is pretty basic, wires from the motors are directly soldered to it. If you want to do some advanced upgrade you can do it. As an example to change the initial camera. Speaking of the camera, this is one of the highlights of this transformable machine.
The camera is a 2.0MP high definition one that is capable of capturing 720p video footages. With a wide angle lens, you can capture more view spectrum and it is perfect for FPV (Frist Person View) footages too. The camera itself has no 3 axis gimbal and advanced image stabilization functionalities. You can also adjust the tilt of the camera but just manually. On the bottom of the body near the power switch, you can find a slot for an SD card which is pretty useful. You can record your video footage direct to the card, but be sure to test it before usage. It has to be formatted FAT32 to work, so test before capturing video footage.
The Wifi FPV range is about 40 meters distance which is a good enough limit for a budget quadcopter. The frame rate of the FPV footage is average, you won’t be passing 15 frames per second.
The Remote Controller
Visuo XS809HW comes with a basic RC controller, it looks like a video game controller, but it has all the functionalities you need to control perfectly your drone. You can also control the quadcopter with your smartphone through an app using the gyro sensors of the phone or the virtual sticks in the app. The controller has a foldable phone holder. Besides the basic centered controller sticks, you will find on the left side a button that controls the speed rate. You can choose between 30%, 60% or 100%. according to your piloting skills. Besides that, you will also find a button for auto take off and landing functionalities. On the right side, you will find the buttons for the 360° flips, photography, video, Headless mode and One Key Return mode. With the smartphone app is slightly harder to control the drone, but it can be fun to play with.
Visuo XS809HW has a great flight performance. It is quite stable, but in strong wind, it tends to drift away from the pilot. If you are advanced in the piloting skills you can compensate the drifting with trimming slightly the quadcopter. It responds fast to the controls, it is an agile machine.
When you manage to drift away from the control range a nice feature automatically lands the quadcopter after a few seconds.
- Cheap and joyful, this quad is awsome fun and a pleasure to fly.
- Its strong, the construction is lightweight but durable.
- Flight time is so imposing for a 1 900mAh battery at around 10 minutes.
- The broadcaster is responsive, convenient and proportional.
- Its stable and solid in the air, despite being lightweight, at no stage did this quad vacillate or feel unbalanced.
- Includes spare props and even prop guards.
- The SD card slot seems to be quite agitated so do some testing with your SD cards to guarantee that they work in this drone, otherwise you might lose out on video opportunities.
- No GPS positioning and so it won’t position hold, but for the price its not really a big deal.
- The live feed may not work with the WiFi 720 app, use the WiFi UFO app instead.
- 1 x VISUO XS809HW RC Quadcopter
- 1 x 3.7V 900MAH Battery
- 1 x USB Cable
- 4 x Propeller
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Transmitter
- 1 x Screwdriver
Visuo XS809HW is a perfect beginner done if you want to learn the basic piloting skills. It is portable and easy to use. The foldable arms design comes really handy when you want to transport in small bags or even in your pocket. Visuo XS809HW is a budget quadcopter it costs way less than the $1000 DJI Mavic models. The price of $38.99 for an entry level quadcopter is pretty reasonable. If you want to know more about foldable quadcopters you can check out a short review of this category.