It is certainly a good feeling to be successful in the field you work in, especially if you are a manufacturer of a certain type of gadgets that are in great demand and sales reach the top ranks of sites with a wide variety of products. The more varied the products, the harder we choose the right product. Instead, the greater the satisfaction of choosing something from the “top-selling” category and see the buyers feedback. Right here, this Holy Stone HS200 quadcopter review will help us get to know one of these top products better and guide us in case we want to buy it.
Holy Stone produced the HS200 as an upgrade for the X400C. A great beginner drone full of special features that will make your flight a game. If you look closely at the details of the HS200, besides the 720p camera and great stability, you will find other features that will tell you why is a top-selling drone on Amazon.
The Holy Stone HS200 is a solid, stable and very important, trustworthy drone. We say trustworthy because it is recommended to beginners who probably have not used such a gadget and will need the safety of a product that is easy to use.
Headless mode and altitude hold are the most needed features that are nowadays searched for by a drone, which helps to a better stability during the flight. The camera we have at our disposal satisfies us with 720p HD video and captures 2 MP pictures.
With the app, we’ll be able to enjoy a live video stream on our mobile phone, but for that, we need a lower speed.
Having no gimbal or stabilization software, so at any movement of drones, the camera moves too, so without them we can’t expect a high-quality HD video.
Besides the one-button take off and landing that helps any beginner, but even a pro user, we have 4 flight speeds so that anyone can find the right one according to their abilities. Of course, all beginners are also favored with these flying modes to evolve slowly but surely.
In addition to the above-mentioned app, used through Wifi, HS200 has included in the package a controller. Both versions are easy to use, though using your mobile phone you can easily save your photos and videos and you can quickly share them to the online environment.
The 2.4 Ghz transmitter* is of great quality, you will have the impression that you have a very expensive product, but you will know very well that you have at your disposal an affordable and yet very qualitative gadget.
In the 8-minute flight time that is offered by the HS200, you’ll be able to make incredible images from a distance of about 50m, after which the FPV probably will not work anymore due to a lack of signal, but the drone itself can fly up to a distance of 100 m.
These excellent flight minutes are guaranteed by a 3.7V 650mAh LiPo Battery**. A LiPo battery is a special type of Lithium battery designed to output power.
In the package you will find included:
- 4 Spare propellers – are often needed and often offered in the drones’ basic package. These are not included for the original ones to be destroyed, but for the safety of the beginners, for example, where there are greater chances for certain ‘accidents’.
- prop guards – these are recommended and the HS200 has included them in the package for safety.
- 2.4 Ghz transmitter – *
- screw driver and screws – of course, the necessary tools included so you don’t have to look for the right products in the event of a crash.
- USB charger – as all similar models, the HS200 requires a load of about 60 minutes, you have included the right charger for this procedure.
- 650mAh LiPo battery – **
- Phone holder – the included accessory for added help, mounted on the controller will hold your phone for a FPV
- Card reader and 4GB micro SD card – if you don’t use your mobile phone to store your images, you’ll save all your drone recordings here.
- Durable and long lasting. Can take a beating despite crashing multiple times. Spare parts can be easily obtained.
- Defective drones can be easily replaced
- Good design and looks
- Good flight characteristics even in medium wind conditions
- Stable and comes with different flight modes
- Mediocre flight times
- Cannot fly indoors
- Poor quality camera and FPV
- Can take a long time to charge and does not come with batteries.
In the end
All the details that define the HS200, such as price, FPV and camera, stability make this drone really one of the most sought-after in the market. You can find it in two colors available in black or red, and the price will definitely delight you.