ICAT3 Quadcopter Review
Is the ICAT3, the quadcopter that we will review to you today a good consumer drone. We live in a world that is full of drones from manufacturers in China, and the US mostly. And it’s kinda hard to choose one since all of them claim to be the best. To be honest, all of them are pretty good, each drone from the midsection is stuffed with a lot of intelligent flight options and quality hardware.
Most people only buy from well-known brand names for consumer drones such as DJI, Potensic, SNAPTAIN, and Eachine, and they are not wrong, but with some research, they might save some money. So before you spend even $1 on a drone, check out this ICAT3 Quadcopter, one of the cheapest drones ever reviewed on this site. Among other things, one of the best things on this drone is the 4K Ultra HD camera. But wait until you see all the flight functions that it comes with.
- Model Number:ICAT 3
- Motor:Brushless motor
- Drone battery:7.4V 3000MAH
- Flight time:About 28-30 mins
- Charging time:About 300 mins
- Drone battery:4x15V “AA” battery (not included)
- Quadcopter size:35.5x40x6.8CM (unfolded) 16×10.5×6.8CM(folded)
- Control distance:1000m(Free interference and no occlusion)
- 5G Wifi FPV transmission distance:500m( Free interference and no occlusion)
- Camera:120°wide angle camera (Adjustable camera by transmitter,90°)
- Aerial image configuration parameters:4K
- Photo resolution:4096x3072P,30fps
- Video resolution on Mobile Phone: 1920x1080p
What’s in the box?
- 1x ICAT3 Quadcopter
- 1x Remote Controller
- 2x Extra Propellers
- 1x USB Charging Cable
- 1 x Blade wrench
- 2x battery
Design and build
The drone has an optimal size, it is neither too big nor too small, just the perfect size that you can transport easily. It has a dominant gray color finish, built from strong ABS plastic, also when you hold it in your hands, it feels a little anti-slip. This kind of plastic material is also resistant to corroding liquids, minor crashes, and it’s light in weight so it gives you more flight time. Not to forget that this is a foldable drone, which makes it even easier to store it. It folds down to a small size, more exactly 6.3 by 4.1 by 2.7 inches. You can transport it in your backpack, or even in a bigger pocket. In his unfolded status, it measures 14 by 15.8 by 2.7 inches. So by folding it, you reduce the size to almost half. It weighs 420 g, so you don’t need an FAA registration if you’re flying it in the USA.
The remote controller is a slim design. And it has a small LCD screen that displays the important telemetry info such as the drone distance and height, the signal strength, battery percentage, etc. But this controller isn’t just for the movement, you can adjust the angle of the camera without necessarily having to bring the drone home. The transmitter has buttons even for the many flight functions that the drone is equipped with. Don’t worry if it seems too much, because each of the buttons is enabled with little icons. The controller also has a foldable smartphone holder that can hold smartphones of different sizes for the FPV.
The ICAT3 comes with two 3000mAh 2S 25C 7.4V batteries. One battery will give you a flight time of 25 minutes, so with two batteries, you can double it. But the battery takes about 300 minutes to charge it fully. It comes with a built-in balance charger and a USB cable provided, we advise using only this for charging the battery. In order to charge the batteries you have to remove them, but it’s nothing complicated.
The camera on the ICAT3 is a 4K resolution one so you will be able to make outstanding footage with it. All of your footage will be vivid colors and rich in details, so no matter if you want the footage for only yourself, or to post it on social media, this camera will meet your needs. The camera also has a 120-degree field, so everything will be in your field of view. The video resolution with this camera on mobile is 1920 by 1080P. The camera has an electronic, built-in anti-shake feature.
You can also enjoy FPV on this drone. If you download the given app on your phone you will be able to see what the drone can see. The FPV distance is also quite long, for a drone-like this because it’s 500 meters.
Performance and flight experience
The drone works with 1806 1600KV brushless motors which make the drone really easy to control. As for the intelligent flight option, this drone is able to do Optical Flow Positioning and One Key Return, Waypoint Flight, Surround Flight, Smart Follow, GeoFence. With these features, even the newest drone user will enjoy flying this thing and also it can help you create awesome footage.
- Long control distance of 1000 meters (remote controller)
- Good, multi-dimensional camera with vertical view adjustable by 90 degrees
- Able to adjust the camera angle by remote controller
- Easy to fly this drone for pilots of all experience levels
- Brushless motors make her a silent flier
- Easy to store because it is foldable
- Geofence allows you to set the range of flight for your children
- The maximum flight time of 28 minutes is quite fair
- Foldable remote controller
- While the manufacturer gives an age rating of 14 years, we feel this drone is a bit too feature-full for a newbie
- 3 hours charging time is a bit too long
- No information about supporting SD card
As you have seen in this ICAT3 Quadcopter review, this drone is an advanced one. It’s rich in features, which makes it easier and enjoyable for everyone to fly this thing. This drone should be a good investment for yourself or for a person that you want to gift, no matter if you’re a semi-pro creator or just want to try out a new hobby.